Cat in the Hat audio manual
“This cue does not have a valid audio output device”
- Open the Workspace Preferences. You can do this by clicking on QLab in the top left of your screen (just right of the Apple icon) and select Workspace Preferences. Or clck this icon on the QLab toolbar:
- Then click on the Audio tab on the left hand side. You will see a box with the title Audio Device Assignment appear, and below it “Patch 1” to “Patch 8” on the left of a series of holes, and the available sound outputs of your computer:
If you are using the 8 speaker version:
- Click on the hole to the right of Patch 1 and drag to the right to draw a yellow line to the name of your sound card, for example, “Motu 828”. In v3 there is a dropdown menu next to Patch 1 where you can select your sound card.
- If your sound-card name is not visible here, check that it is connected and that you have installed the right software drivers for it, then restart QLab.
If you are using the 2 speaker version:
- Click on the hole to the right of Patch 1 and drag to the right to draw a yellow line to the sound output called “Built-In Output”, “Line output” or “Headphone output” as appropriate for your computer. In v3 there is a dropdown menu next to Patch 1 where you can select your sound card.
Now click Done in the bottom right of the window. All the red crosses should have disappeared.
If you still have red crosses then you may have an additional problem! Hover your mouse pointer over the red cross and see what it says....
Dr. Seuss text, characters and images TM and © 2009 Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P
For more information, please contact your MTI customer representative at (212) 541-4684, or visit our website at www.mtishows.com.